- Removed all old guns from the gun array firing at opponents in favour of a single DC gun while it gets tuned to the max.
- Much improved calculation of Maximum Escape Angle that takes into account: Opponent velocity, heading, walls, bot width. Utilises non-smoothed precise prediction.
- New DC gun is not yet optimised, very slow initialisation (skipping turns on first init) and is slow after that - but will be improved with upcoming work.
RoboRumble: - 177th APS ~69.27
- Added GuessFactor gun to virtual gun array for firing at opponents.
- Other small tweaks.
RoboRumble: - 283rd APS ~64.39
- Remove simple circular gun from VGA.
- Fix bug in detection of power 3.0 bullets fired by opponent.
- Massive optimisation (~150% faster).
- Increased DangerPrediction iteration count to 3 per frame from 2.
- New stationary movement mode when opponent is dead or disabled.
- New colour scheme to differentiate from AgentSmith and AgentSmithRedux
Author's notes: Turns out that it was not the simple circular gun reducing the APS by 2%, it was only doing it in my set of test bots!.
RoboRumble: - 281st APS ~64.47
- Fix crash bugs
- Fix occasional crash into walls
- Optimisations to make it run faster
- Added simple circular gun to the gun array
- Added future bullet prediction to the DangerPrediction. Currently predicts +1 bullet ahead based on target gun heat.
Author's notes: Turns out that adding the simple circular gun to the VGA actually decreased the score by 2%.
RoboRumble: - 224th, APS ~66.61
- Fix Robocode version to match RoboRumble.
RoboRumble: - ??? (Wrong robocode version)
- Very early release
- Refactor of AgentSmithRedux internals for handling of history & prediction positions to use absolute ticks instead of relative. Makes reasoning about mismatches in tick values easier to understand and track down bugs.
- On rumble to ensure no major bugs introduced in refactor so should be similar score to AgentSmithRedux if it goes well!