|Movement||Aggressive Pattern Movement, Oscillator Movement|
- What's special about it?
- DoctorBob is a melee NanoBot. It's well-known among codesize aficionados, and in general it's a good bot to tune against.
- It is a reference bot in the Rambot Challenge 2K6.
- How competitive is it?
- NanoMeleeRumble ‒ APS: 64.07% (2nd), PL: 83-1 (2nd), Survival: 16.88%
- How does it move?
- An aggressive, unpredictable oscillating pattern movement that attempts to trap the enemy into a corner.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It moves continuously, reversing direction periodically.
- How does the melee strategy differ from One-on-one strategy?
- It fights melee battles as though it were in an one on one battle, a strategy that is surprisingly effective.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- It attacks the enemy that it scans. If it scans a different enemy, it may or may not switch targets.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Nothing between rounds and matches. It does have the static variables
a(a loop counter) and
b(reset at the beginning of every round), but those don't count.
- Where did you get the name?
- It's SUPER GOOD!
- Can I use your code?
- It's closed-source, but it can easily be decompiled.
- What's next for your robot?
- DoctorBob has not been updated since 2004.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Its gun is from NanoGod. Its movement is a modified version of that in NanoAndrew.
- Version 1.42
- Tweak some numbers.
- Version 1.41
- Add randomness.