- Bot Name
- Jacob Litewski
- What's special about it?
- It's my attempt at a semi-good Wave Surfing movement
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- Currently, there isn't a download link
- How competitive is it?
- Against DustBunny 3.8, without shooting, does fairly well. The current results are:
1st hackhalotwo.GravityWave 30167 (74%) 23900 4800 0 0 1366 102 480 20 0 2nd mld.DustBunny 3.8 10368 (26%) 1000 200 8926 166 76 0 20 480 0
- This is the newest test against RaikoMX:
1st jam.RaikoMX 0.32 52184 (73%) 9350 1870 38938 2025 1 0 187 313 0 2nd hackhalotwo.GravityWave 19159 (27%) 15600 3130 0 0 373 56 313 187 0
The tests I do are here.
- How does it move?
- Using BasicSurfer as a base for the WaveSurfer. In Version alpha2, it uses a hacked together 2D segmentation array based on Distance from the enemy (in 13 increments) (meaning [(int)(distance/100)][BINS]). I'm planning on making this a 3D array to store the enemy's gun power depending on the distance (or [(int)(power)][(int)(distance/100)][BINS]).
- How does it fire?
- It's a non-firing robot
- How does it dodge bullets?
- The BasicSurfer detection algorithm with a hacked together 2D Segmented BIN
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- First one seen I guess
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- It saves between rounds currently. I'm testing and working out the bugs for saving the Segmented Array between matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- GravityWave is basically a mix of WaveSurfing and Anti-Gravity.
- Can I use your code?
- It will be in GITS when a good stable version comes out
- What's next for your robot?
- work on fixing and perfecting the movement
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Not currently
What I'm Working On
- Bin Smoothing
- I'm working on implementing a Bin Smoothing function that runs every x ticks to reduce or hinder small spikes. I'm thinking every 200 ticks will be enough.
- I'm working on implementing a better Wave detection script. My first feat is moving all the Wave detection functions from the robot and puting them in their own class.
- Wall Smoothing
- I'm working on implementing a better Wall Smoothing function. This is most likely going to come after I finish up the new Wave function.
- Segmentation -- Current Project
- I'm working on implementing a 3D (possibly 4D...) Segmented BIN Array in the [power][distance/100][BIN] fassion.
- Finished and Tested 2D Segmented BIN Array
- Testing saving and loading of Segmented Data
- 2D Segmented Array Load Finished
- 2D Segmented Array Save Finished