|Code License||Public domain|
- What's special about it?
- It provides a starting point for Robocoders to try Wave Surfing without (or with less than the usual amount of) Wave Suffering. It is the code you would end up with after following the Wave Surfing Tutorial.
- How competitive is it?
- That depends on how you look at it. As presented, with no gun, it's not very competitive. Combined with a basic GuessFactor Targeting gun, BasicGFSurfer is in the RoboRumble top 100. The top 3 MiniBot duelists -- CunobelinDC, Komarious, and WeeksOnEnd -- all share ancestry with BasicSurfer. And even the mighty DrussGT found its earliest roots in BasicSurfer.
- How does it move?
- An extremely bare-bones form of Wave Surfing, with no distancing, dive protection, or segmentation.
- How does it fire?
- It doesn't.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between rounds, it saves all of its Wave Surfing statistics.
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, use it however you wish!
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Everything was derived from Komarious, but a lot of code was rewritten for clarity or removed altogether.
- The mini predictor came from rozu, originally used in Apollon.