I joined the robowiki on 11/24/2012.
So far, I have released only nanobots and microbots, but my overall goal is to have a robot in the top 1% of every division of the Roborumble (including Melee and Teams).
I started Robocode with very little programming experience (only some very basic stuff in C#). I learned very much about Robocode (and Java/programming in general) from this wiki and other open source robots.
I am talented at shrinking Codesize. If anyone has codesize issues, please post your code on the wiki, and I will try to help.
My One on One robots are named after elements of dueling (mostly modern western fencing). I plan to name my Melee bots after songs by the Canadian progressive rock band, Rush. I may name my team robots after the works of Joss Whedon.
My released robots (in order of creation):
- Épéeist: A nano pattern matcher with simple Multi-Mode Movement.
NanoRumble - APS: 71.9% (14th), PL: 183-38 (26th), Survival: 76.78%
- Sabreur: A nano with multi-mode movement and Linear Targeting.
NanoRumble - APS: 77.12% (2nd), PL: 197-24 (9th), Survival: 79.95%
- Foilist: A nano pattern matcher with three modes of movement.
NanoRumble - APS: 74.8% (6th), PL: 204-17 (2nd), Survival: 80.62%
- PointInLine: A nano with last Bearing Offset targeting and Random Movement.
NanoRumble - APS: 59.82% (73rd), PL: 142-79 (75th), Survival: 58.91%
- Retreat: A nano with reverse Ramming Movement and reverse Head-on targeting.
NanoRumble - APS: 1.22% (221st), PL: 0-221 (220th), Survival: 2.59%
- ÉpéeistMicro: A micro with guess factor targeting and Stop And Go/Random Movement.
MicroRumble - APS: 83.98% (2nd), PL: 390-1 (1st), Survival: 92.33%
Many more will come (eventually).