Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Best Rating||APS: 85.57 (8th)|
- What's special about it?
- It's the first bot I made featuring Wave Surfing and GuessFactor Targeting and was my ticket to The 2000 Club and later on the top-10. It has nothing special (yet) to defend itself against the top-bots, while the movement is tuned against simple targeters. It uses Precise Intersection (gun only), no binsmoothing of any kind is used.
- It is the best Dutch bot.
- Where did you get the name?
- It is my translation of the combination Guess and Surfer. All my bots start with 'Gr' and 'sufferd' is someone like Disney's Goofy.
- How does it move?
- It uses Wave Surfing, currently segmented on absolute velocity, wallproximity and acceleration. No rolling depth (decaying old data) is present.
- How does it fire?
- It uses GuessFactor Targeting, segmented on 'time since velocity change', absolute lateral velocity, wallproximity and 'distance last 14 ticks'. The latest versions use Precise Intersection and simulated precise MEA. It has a second gun with exact the same configuration, only the stats are decaying over time.
- Does it have any WhiteWhales?
- Mirror bots, especially PolishedRuby, the bots of darkcanuck, Tron and Tigger are always a hard nut to crack.
- What's next for your robot?
- Merge the 2 current guns in one gun that performs on par.
- Take a look at the nearwall performance and close-range performance
- New second gun that can hit the ones the first gun has trouble with (anti-surfer and anti-flattener)
- Increase the number of bins, start using Precise Intersection to determine the danger.
- Closely look at the close-range, nearwall, and 'no waves' performance
- Closely look at the timing of the waves/my prediction, as I get hit to often at the edges
- Start using Bullet Shadows
- Far future: Bullet Shielding and a flattener
I really like to enter top-10 again and stay there.
GresSuffurd is for the largest part my own achievement. However, it would not have come this far without the ideas and sometimes pieces of code from others.
- It is based upon Kawigi's GuessFactorTargeting Tutorial and Voidious' Wave Surfing Tutorial, including all their credits like Paul Evans, ABC, PEZ, rozu and Jamougha.
- The Precise Intersection seems a collective effort of Krabb, Rednaxela and Skilgannon
- The proper onDeath handling is thought up by David Alves, although it is obsolete since Robocode 1.5.
- The ini-file handling comes from Loki.
- For the idea of pluggable movement and gun I must thank PEZ.
- The movement debuggraphics are inspired by Voidious' Diamond
- The Energy Drop detection and WallAvoidance is initially taken from my older bot GrubbmGrb.
- Last but not least I must thank Krabb for the drive to change instead of tweak, by racing for The2000Club.