Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Released||August 5th, 2011|
|Best Rating||5 (July 7th, 2015)|
- What's special about it?
- It uses Heat Waves like RougeDC and DrussGT.
- It uses Passive Bullet Shadowing.
- It is an interface based robot!
- It doesn't use a movement flattener!
- It doesn't use any virtual guns!
- It doesn't save any data to disk!
- How competitive is it?
- Very competitive. With its new gun it gives even some surfers a pretty good run for their money.
- How does it move?
- Uses precise intersection wave surfing. It also does some nice minimal risk that avoids getting trapped in corners when there are no waves around, also makes it do well against rambots. See the Understanding Nene subpage.
- How does it fire?
- It uses a normal DC/GF gun. Very simple overall, it just has carefully tuned weights.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It surfs!
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between matches: Nothing.
- Between rounds: KdTree movement data. KdTree firing data.
- What are it's weaknesses?
- Nene currently preforms poorly against robots with very strong movement, since its gun is underdeveloped. Also I don't update it very often. Meaning new strategies will likely blindside it.
- Where did you get the name?
- It was actually named after a character in a story I was writing at the time. A very happy positive somewhat hyper girl. I never actually expected to release it.
- Can I use your code?
- Sure thing you can use my code. Sure, feel free it is released entirely under the ZLIB license.
- What's next for your robot?
- I might tweak the gun a little more if it bombs.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Bullet shielders will likely give it problems. Since it has no logic to handle them.
- Strong surfers cause it some issues yet, as its gun is much weaker against those then against other robots.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Seraphim for it's precise prediction originally. I have read many other robots and I gained some insights from DrussGT and Diamond. But I don't use any of their code directly. Mostly learned from descriptions on the wiki. I do use Rednaxela's KdTree however.
- It's gun was cradle robbed from my current development robot, Mint.