- What's special about it?
- How competitive is it?
- For a MiniBot, it's about as competitive as it gets. It's at #2 in the MiniBot rankings and around #35 in the general rankings. It was the MiniBot 1v1 champ for a while, as well.
- How does it move?
- A fairly simple Wave Surfing, using Precise Prediction (courtesy of rozu's mini-predictor from Apollon), segmented on lateral velocity and distance.
- How does it fire?
- The gun is based on the one from RaikoMicro, so it is GuessFactor Targeting. The gun has evolved a lot since then, and is now probably stronger than RaikoMicro or Raiko.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- No melee awareness at all.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between rounds, GuessFactor data for gun and movement; nothing between matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- It's named after Komari Vosa, an ex-Padawan of Count Dooku's that turned to the dark side. It seemed appropriate since this tank is built using everything I've learned from Dookious.
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, it's released under the RWPCL.
- What's next for your robot?
- I'd love to retake the MiniBot throne from WeeksOnEnd. It's not a huge jump up from Komarious, so maybe I'll look at that soonish. =)
- Does it have any White Whales?
- WeeksOnEnd, Raiko, Cigaret, Smoke, and Vyper are its biggest PL challenges.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- RaikoMicro - the gun was originally based on the RaikoMicro gun, which I believe is a descendant of PEZ's Tityus gun, though it has evolved a lot.
- Apollon - source of Precise Prediction code that rozu was kind enough to share.
- CustomEvent waves - I believe PEZ was the inventor of the CustomEvent style wave system that is used to delete the old waves in the WaveSurfing, which is also used in the gun. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Also the iterative Wall Smoothing method by PEZ, and a very small codesize BackAsFront method from Iiley.
- Simonton was extremely gracious in showing me a whole bunch of Code Size optimizations in Komarious, even after I thought I had shrunk it about as much as possible. He also tipped me off to just how important the use of onBulletHitBullet data is in surf stats. Major props to Simonton, especially considering he's the author of K's biggest rival!!