Pattern Matcher Challenge
There are a lot of good Pattern Matching guns out there. I've got a nice challenge for those guns :-)
- First of all, you'll need the reference bot, /Pattern Bot: http://www.robocoderepository.com/BotFiles/1547/challenge.PatternBot_1.0.jar (or here)
- You may only fire 0.5 power bullets.
- Your bot may NOT move.
- The challenger meets the reference bot in battle over 100 rounds.
- Arena size 1000 x 1000.
- Everything else set to Robocode defaults.
- Your bot's index the ratio between your bot's bullet damage and the reference bot's bullet damage times 100. You calculate your score like this:
(your_bullet_damage / reference_bullet_damage) * 100.0
- Results are posted at /Results.
Your bot is given a slight advantage: /Pattern Bot only starts firing when it gets into its movement pattern. If you hit it a few times before that, you may have a chance to win. If you don't, then only ONE bullet missed will mean you lose :-)
/Pattern Bot is expected to win from all but the best Pattern Matching Guns. Its movement is completely predictable, BUT it does have some nasty (yet predictable) surprises. On a 1000x1000 battlefield it will NOT hit any walls, so that won't break the predictability..
Who will be able to complete the challenge????