Targeting Challenge 2K6
The second targeting challenge, which was established in 2006 in an attempt to achieve better preformance, by testing against certain reference bots.
- The Challenger must remain stationary all the time
- The Challenger is only allowed to feed the fire() method(s) the constant 3.
- This often results in at least one bullet per round fired with energy lower than 3 though.
- Which means no energy management whatsoever
- There are 10 Reference Bots, none of which fire, few of which do any ramming
- The Challenger meet each reference bot in battle over 500 rounds (100 rounds for the short TC version)
- The Challenger's score against each reference bot is calculated like "challenger_bullet_damage / rounds"
- Average the scores against each reference bot to get the total score
- CassiusClay 188.8.131.52 - expert WaveSurfer
- Cyanide 1.80.b - expert WaveSurfer
- Tigger 0.0.23 - good WaveSurfer, unique implementation
- Chalk 1.2 - "fledgling" WaveSurfer
- Cigaret 1.31 - random orbital movement
- GrubbmGrb 1.1.3 - MultiMode with Stop 'n' Go, Oscillation
- RandomMovementBot - fluid, random movement
- Butterfly 2.0 - MultiMode; non-firing version of Ugluk
- FloodMini 1.4 - Kawigi's SandboxFlattener movement
- DuelistMicro 1.22 - simple GoTo? movement, quite good against simple aimers
You can get all the reference bots at once: Download