I'm having lots of problems getting teamRumble to run many of the bots, is anyone else having frequent trouble with armyOfShiz,ShadowTeam and several others? Also, my team WonderlandTeam isn't appearing on the darkanuck server, anyone know what's wrong with team battles? --Tripphippy 19:27, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
I haven't run team rumble recently, but all of those used to work and they haven't changed version since, so if it's an issue, it's an issue with the version of Robocode I'd think. What kind of messages is roborumble giving? As far as WonderlandTeam not appearing, has your client ran it? Your client is the only one that's run team rumble so far this month. --Rednaxela 23:31, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- Also, your download link was wrong it appears, so other clients wouldn't have been able to run it anyway. --Rednaxela 23:55, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- Even after fixing the download link, WonderlandTeam still does not run, complaining of "Not able to read properties". Did you use Robocode to package that jar? If not, I suggest you do. --Rednaxela 23:59, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- I did package it using robocode. I have no idea why it says unable to read properties. I get several errors when I run teamRumble, I will save a log when I can get to my client later. --Tripphippy 14:05, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- I know the 1.7.1.x versions had a bug related to team jars not being unpacked properly. It's apparently fixed now, but I'm not sure when it was introduced. I've never had much success running the team rumble myself though so I can't offer much help. --Darkcanuck 14:35, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- Last night I successfully ran the team rumble. Every single bot worked except that WonderlandTeam could not be read. Since it's only WonderlandTeam failing, I'm doubtful this is the bug you saw in 1.7.1.x Darkcanuck. What version of robocode did you package WonderlandTeam with Tripphippy? Maybe it's possible the format got changed or that version has buggy packaging code? --Rednaxela 15:26, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- I packed the team using the most recent version that I downloaded yesterday. --Tripphippy 15:41, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- Robocode 220.127.116.11? Perhaps try with 18.104.22.168? When I get home I'll look at the jar of WonderlandTeam and see if I can see any oddities by hand. --Rednaxela 15:46, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I'm now pretty sure the team file is wrong:
#WORKS: #Robocode Robot Team #Sun Aug 24 09:51:56 MDT 2008 uuid=0d3d6a32-6348-4c69-a7c4-40d53d3a1b39 robocode.version=1.6.0 team.version=1.6 team.members=ags.polylunar.Luna [1.6],ags.polylunar.Phobos [1.6],ags.polylunar.Io [1.6],ags.polylunar.Europa [1.6],ags.polylunar.Charon [1.6] team.author.name=Rednaxela team.description=Top o' the PL\! ;-) #ALSO WORKS: #Robocode Robot Team #Tue Sep 02 22:35:02 BST 2008 team.members=abc.Shadow 3.83,abc.Shadow 3.83,abc.Shadow 3.83,abc.Shadow 3.83,abc.Shadow 3.83 team.author.name=ABC robocode.version=1.4.7 team.description=\n -- Kill or be killed -- team.version=3.83 # DOES NOT WORK: #Robocode Robot #Thu Aug 06 11:15:50 CDT 2009 team.members=tripphippy.Alice,tripphippy.CheshireCat,tripphippy.Dormouse,tripphippy.MarchHare,tripphippy.MadHatter team.author.name=tripphippy robocode.version=\ 22.214.171.124 team.description=Alice and her friends team.version=0.1
- WonderlandTeam is missing the version numbers in the list of team members. Did you select the versioned ones of your bots when you had it make the team? If so, it seems that 126.96.36.199 is just buggy at packaging teams and you should manually fix the file or use an older version. --Rednaxela 16:47, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Removing bzdp.BoxCar 1.0,3702 since it cannot be downloaded, nor can an alternative download location be found by me. --Rednaxela 23:55, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
Anyone have a working copy of ImWithStupidTeam ? --Starrynte 22:34, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
- I know for a fact that the one in the rumble superpack works just fine. --Rednaxela 23:53, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
Teams with wrong number of robots
I just removed 2 teams that had only 4 bots instead of 5. I noticed that after examining why battles against kid.DeltaSquad.DeltaSquad .1 were hanging. Actually, it was not hanging, it was just incredibly slow. But since it was not following the 5 bots rule, I removed it, together with all others teams not following the 5 bots rule. --MN 03:48, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
- I think the rule was 5 bots **maximum**, wasn't it? After all, entering a team with only 4 bots should be a handicap. If there's a problem running a team, that's fine, but removing a highly ranked team (OmegaSquad would have been 11th place) doesn't seem right. --Darkcanuck 04:06, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
- I'm in agreement with re-adding them as well. Entering a team with 4 bots provides no unfair advantage, and IIRC it was done by the author as a concious choice rather than a mistake. --Rednaxela 09:59, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, I should have started a poll here before messing with the participants list. I was only trying to make the client run the teamrumble smoothly, as it wasn´t for a looong time. --MN 20:44, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- I searched this wiki and the old one and found nothing about the rule being "5 bots only" or "5 bots maximum". But until now it seems everyone agrees with the rule being "5 bots maximum" and I have nothing against. --MN 20:44, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- I re-added OmegaSquad. --MN 00:05, 16 July 2011 (UTC)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Team rumble specification?||0||00:23, 4 October 2018|
|Why isn't my team playing?||3||16:09, 17 March 2012|
I entered my team into the tournament by adding jeremyreeder.collective.TwoProphets to this wiki, but it when I look at the results I'm not in the list. It's working for all of my individual robots, but why not for the Team and TwinDuel ones?
It could just be that nobody is running clients for Teams and TwinDuel. Could you try configuring a client (see RoboRumble/Starting With RoboRumble) and firing it up? I can test a TwinDuel client later tonight. I haven't run a TeamRumble client in a long time, seems like I always had issues...
Both your TwinDuel teams seem to be running for me, so they should get results once my client uploads some. But there is a problem with DuoLedByDroid: the team references the development version of BlindMan, while BlindMan 1.0 is what's packaged in the JAR, so Robocode says Can't find robot: jeremyreeder.collective.BlindMan* and it's a 1v2 battle. If you want to see what I mean, unzip the JAR and look at DuoLedByDroid.team and BlindMan.properties - the * in the version number means development version.
What you probably expect to happen is you have your dev version team of dev version bots, and when you package the team, it first packages the bots to real versions and then packages the team. For some reason, the .team file in the JAR still points at the dev version, even tho it correctly packages the bot.properties file to use the same version as the team version you specified. This seems like a bug (unless anyone knows why it should work this way?).
TL;DR What you need to do is package the individual bots to real versions, then package a team with those versions and everything should work.