- Nat's Page:
- Targeting Problem (answered) - Wave Surfing Question (answered) - What's the name mean? - What is this? - How do 1v1 bot perform in melee? - Robot in my dream... - My version of DrawingBot - Free code
My name is Nat Pavasant. I'm a 16-year-old robocoder from Thailand.
I was first introduced to Robocode sometime in 2006 when I was 11 years old. I didn't remember where I found it but I wasn't very good at English at that time so I couldn't find this wiki. From time to time, I mainly played on a modified version of Wall, but I never dealed with AdvancedRobots. Not long after, I got bored and returned to PHP programming. Later in July 2007, I found a notice of Cubic Thailand National Robocode Tournament 2007. I took another look at my old installation of Robocode in my computer but didn't get further than the last time I played on it. Again, I returned to PHP programming. In the middle of 2008 I saw another word about Robocode on my the NSC software contest in my country. In the example of the proposals they listed contains one software called Robo-Rookie which implemented Junior Robot visual editor via Flash.
September 2008 is when I entered the Robocode community. I was a lot better at English and started to seek articles about GuessFactor Targeting that I've heard a lot about for a long time. I didn't understand any part, neither simple or hard, of it. The first robots I've ever downloaded are Tigger and SpareParts, then Gladiator and Dookious. It was still really, really hard so I decided to learn Quick Targeting (say HOT, LT and CT) first. I took a look at NanoBots because I thought they would make me understand it easier. But, unfortunately, many nano-bot code are super-optimized for codesize and made me having a headache on it. Anyway, my first robot is a NanoBot after reading many many robots' source to understand non-blocking call. I was so silly that I was waiting/reloading Pulsar's old server ranking page for a day and realized that I need to look at Darkcanuck's instead.
Order by creation date.
- Ocnirp: My first competitive robot. Nano-sized.
- BlackHole: My truly first bot (I mean, I wrote more than 70% of it myself) and my first long developed robot.
- NP: A Velocity Surfing microbot.
- Samekh: My experiment (really)
- Asteroid/Ceres: A robot framework/base designed with reusable components with other AdvancedRobots and/or other frameworks/bases (like Module etc.). Will be released when I completed my robots. Based directly on Red's BotBase with some ideas from Module, PluggableRobot and DrawingBot/Nfwu's Gfx/Diamond's Gfx.
Also, check out my free code.
Planned Future Robots
Current Developing Robots
- but I hardly find a time to work on it.
Carola: My first, public, nano-sized and shameless robot. Almost everything is taken from WeekendObsession. Retired, for the shame it gave me =)
NanoKitty: A nano bot. First designed for One-one-One, but it uses Head-On Targeting so it's better in melee. Retired.
SwodniwMR: A nano bot that is completely designed for melee, fires head-on and move randomly. Retired.
AtomicMini: A melee robot and my second shameless robot since the movement is entirely from Shiz and the gun from MiniTron. Retied.
MiniAtomicOperation: A group of 5 AtomicMinis. Retired.
AW: Test bot. One-on-one with HUNRobar-style AOM. Comes with Simonton's Pattern Matching gun as usual for my nanobots. Retired.
Hebe: My test of my crazy ideas. StopNGo movement and Circular Targeting. Retired.
Mysterious: Failed attempt at nano adaptive movement.
Don't want me to list all of my unreleased, there's a LOT. Here are some:
- Juno, another vapourware after Pallas.
- Aquazyned and few A... bot.
- Pencil, MilkyWay, Galaxy, Mercury
- ... and lot other.
- Get the throne of all rumble.
- but I currently focus on general melee/roborumble.
- Be the youngest who entered The 2000 Club and The 2100 Club!
- Be the first one who breaks the 2200 beerier!
- Having PHP plugins for robocode =D
If anyone see any grammatical errors above, please be kind enough and tell me on my talk page!