Great result with 1.3! I might have to dust off my Neuromancer code again ;-)
Any idea what caused the improvements? Were you skipping a lot of turns before?
Thanks, we'll see, Neuromancer is still ahead by a big margin :P
Yeah, the gun was slow and it usually skipped a few turns per round, but I didn't expect it to make such a big difference. I also added a dynamic energy management dependent on estimated hit probability.
I really like just hearing that that's even conceivable to you still. =) It actually crossed my mind pretty recently, but I don't think it's likely to happen for me any time soon.
I have all my code setup to work with a simple build script, so it is fairly easy to get it up again. Although I've gotten lazy with IDEs that do indexing, which I never used before, so maybe I should try to get that working first. Neuromancer needs a bit of cleanup, and its multi-wave surfing in non-melee situations is very... CassiusClay shall we say =). No branching, which is something I'd like to change, but somehow still not skip turns.