I'm a student of life, having lived in the US, South Africa and now Switzerland. Robocode was the first thing to get me interested in software development at the age of 16, and now ~10 years later I do similar work (computer vision and machine learning) professionally. Somewhere along the way I got a B.Sc.Eng in Electro-mechanical Engineering, and a M.Sc.Eng in Robotics, both from the University of Cape Town.
I currently have a range of competitive bots: 1v1:
- Toorkild - A Multiple Choice Pattern Matcher inspired by the competition, Kev's Needle. Number 1 in Micro.
- Waylander - A Pattern Matcher - once no. 1 in the Micro Rumble. It was my first attempt at a competitive bot. - (RETIRED)
- Connavar - A Guess Factor bot, using Waylander's movement, and a gun based (slightly) off of Falcon. - (RETIRED)
- DrussGT - A Wave Surfer using Visit Count Stats for the movement, and Dynamic Clustering for the gun. Currently No. 1 in the 1v1 unrestricted section.
- Stormrider ( Wave Surfer based off of DrussGT, but using Dynamic Clustering for the movement. It shares DrussGT's gun. While in the rumble it was No. 5 overall. - (RETIRED)
- EnergyDome - A bullet shielding bot with precise prediction, and a bunch of virtual enemy guns to handle common configs. One day I would love to add a learning gun, just to see if it would work.