|Movement||Stop And Go, Random Movement|
- What's special about it?
- For you: nothing. For me: it's my first MicroBot.
- How competitive is it?
- Not incredibly - it's at #10 in the MicroRumble.
- How does it move?
- Stop And Go, switches to Random Movement if it dies in one of the first few rounds.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It detects enemy fire and inches along like a caterpillar (against simple targeters). Otherwise it randomly changes direction, somewhat reacting to enemy fire.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- It saves gun data between rounds, nothing between matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- It's named after one of the main characters from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It's tough to think of powerful but small warriors!
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, it's released under the RWPCL.
- What's next for your robot?
- Not sure - probably lots of tweaks or complete abandonment. =)
- Does it have any White Whales?
- It's not tough enough to be thinking about that yet.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Komarious - I derived the gun from its older sister, the MiniBot Komarious, which itself derived its gun from RaikoMicro, which I think derived its gun from Tityus.
- I haven't looked at the code for any other MicroBot duelists, but I have learned some things just from reading about Thorn, Waylander, and other top MicroBots, so it's bound to have some similar behaviors. So some credit ought to go to Kev, Skilgannon, and Simonton.